About me

My photo
Prorider Moscow (Russia) Born in Krasnoyarsk (Siberia, Russia)

Saturday 23 July 2011

Interview for the most popular site about snowboarding in Russia. Snowlinks "Anna Orlova - One of the trip I certainly remember - the Kamchatka"


"Anna Orlova - one of the few young snowboard girls who likes to freeride. In addition to love to the sport, she takes the prizes in contests, and shooting for Action Brothers freeride videos . In the interview with Anna we talked about how she can do all these things, when did it start and where she went for riding with DSP and Romain de Marchi"



How old are you and who are your sponsors?
I'm 21 and my sponsors are: Action Brothers, Apo snowboard, Dakine, Giro, Picture Organic and Skvot boardshop.

What is Action Brothers?
It is the organizers of various snowboard and freeski camps and filmmakers who makes the most regular video project currently in Russia. This fall is going to be a premiere of the third film - "The territory of snow." It is a ski movie, but the guys always want to see snowboarders in their projects, for example in the first movie "Ajiotaj" there were segments of Andrei Moskvin, Kolya Grinev and freeride champion Pavel Lvov, and in the new film, I'm the only one who represent snowboarders:) Maybe the Snowlinks audience is not so interesting in this projects, but the movies by AB are very good spread in Internet , you can download it for free on Actionbrothers.ru, and via torrent it is downloaded much more than other extreme projects. It's good for me and my sponsors.

When did you first try to snowboard and in generally how it happened that you started to ride?
I was born in Krasnoyarsk in the heart of Siberia, in the mountains and in the terrible cold. My whole family skiing, and I'm into the sport since childhood. it's six years since I got on the snowboard, and have no regrets. I grew as a terrible hooligan and I could not just ride down the hill, I was jumping everywhere, but the usual sports skiing did not allow me to do what I wanted and all the time and I fell and walking in bruises. I saw that on snowboard there were more opportunities. I bought a snowboard, then it was a time of long training, and only in 17 I understood that it was the sport that I want to practice in further. Now my main aim is riding as much as it possible.

What do you prefer more - jibbing, jumps or powder?
Everything has its time, in the winter in the mountains I search for powder, steep slopes, and of course I can't be without freestyle, and if I have an opportunity to ride in the park I will be very glad. In the summer I ride in Snej.com (indoor skiing) and summer camps, as a result I'm versatile rider, I like everything, just to want to ride.

Where were you this season?
The season opened in Siberia, spent several weeks in Sheregesh, it was a great time, weather was raging, strong winds and crazy snowfall , but that did not stop to enjoy the riding. In November - a month in Sheregesh,for sure I'll go there next season too. Christmas holidays was rad street riding in Smolensk, tried out their unique wooden ramps. Week turned magical because it was snowing almost every day that made the landing soft, and also we blew out powder on the hills around.

Then went to the Russian camp Avosnowfest (France) and Laafest (Switzerland). I admire Europe a lot, it's so cool when at one resort you can find great and interesting parks and great terrain for freeride. Of course snow lack in January spoiled a bit riding, but the was saturated. Crawl on the glacier after a failed route selection and fall into the creek after turned the wrong way, it was remarkable moment in my freeride adventure stories. We were lucky to get to the Burton European open, and see the most famous snowboarders in the World.

After we went to Arkhyz for filming with the TV channel HighLife, it was my first helicopter ride, and luckily not the last. Immediately after Arkhyz moved further to the filming of "The territory of the snow" with the Action Brothers, almost a month blew up the virgin lands in Krasnaya Polyana.Once again shout loudly that it is a fantastic place to ride, I caught three snowfall and couldn't believe in such a luck. A new resort at Roza Khutor revealed a new side of Polyana, crazy lobby and rocks, steep walls, everything is now available with a lift.
Then my dream come true - I get a great chance to fly with HeliPRO in Kamchatka. I never thought that in such a short period of time get so much emotion and get such an important for me experience. Met with best people in the Russian snowboarding - Balakhovskiy Max and Sasha Moroz, and ride with DCP, JP and Romain De Marchi.Planing to go to the glacier in summer camp Les2alpes Action Camp, it is a great chance to extend the season.

Have a public event?
The first event in his life Freeride were at the beginning of the season in Sheregesh - Sheregirls - Freeride girls and met a very strong opponents from all over Russia, from Moscow and the Urals, and even the Ukraine. The prize was a trip to Chamonix (France), and it was a good incentive to ride on the full power. After an interesting fight I won, what was very pleased. It was a great start of the season.

Very important to me and the second event in the life of freeride - Cup of Russia at Krasnaya Polyana. There faced to some discrimination in relation to young riders, for example, last year I simply refused to register under the pretext of age. Of course, I felt the excitement and nervous trembling. This is a serious organization, the European observers, points in the freeride tour. But for me it all seemed a little distant and replayed. It seems that this is not so much for the riders as to raise the status of something or someone. In the end, I finished fourth.


Following traveled to Ukraine to compete in the Freeride Cup, saw new mountain for me - the Carpathians, celebrated my birthday and took second place, not took into account the peculiarities of the local judging, also has experience of ride on the concrete and pumped up good my legs after a three hour climbing on to the top of the highest mountain in the Ukraine
Immediately after going to Kirov, the most popular events freeride Hibiny Open, where attended 119 people , and I'm glad that I won this competition and break in new mountains.

What left the most vivid impressions of the trips and competitions?

About the trips I certainly remember the Kamchatka and not because it was a recent trip, but because for me it is a new level of ride and a big push for progress, after the competition has become more analysis of the slopes and set certain tasks for their lines. Began to refuse the aggressiveness in favor of fluid and smooth, and to make it more logical leaps for the descent. A competition for me - it is primarily a moral burden, difficult to cope with anxiety, but my best start was in Kirovsk there I pushed the limits and very satisfied with myself.
Were there any serious injuries?
No. I ride carefully and always protected. Mandatory helmet and knee protection, a backpack - as a back protection, as well as avalanche equipment - backpack ABC, and the probe bipper Peips. I do not want that the fashion or style, as many justify neglect of the protection, could ruin my season.

What are you doing in the summer, when there is no snow?
Sometimes, cycling, meeting and hanging out with friends who have not seen me all winter, I go on a trampoline, keep fit, because in fall is very hard to recover without permanent training in the summer.

What are your plans for the season?

In the fall there is going to be a movie premiere with my participation - "The territory of the snow," and the TV project "look" about helicopter ride and free ride in Russia, which we filmed in Arkhyz and Krasnaya Polyana. Open season plan in Siberia, where a lot of snow early, before Snej.сom to help me to keep fit. Over the past year much has been changed, now I want even more shooting, make cool tricks and ride steep slopes, try to participate in European freeride competitions. Already, have planed next season, I know that it will bring me lots of surprises. And I looking forward of first snow.

Thanks to my sponsors: 
Action Brothers, Apo snowboard, Dakine, Skvot Boardshop, Picture Organic, Giro.
Photo: 
Maxim Balakhovskiy, Sasha Chizhov, Artem Ermakov, Nikolai Orlov, Ivan Malakhov, Maria Sakvarelidze.

Interview prepared Yuriy Subbotin 
Translated from Russian - Maria Sakvarelidze.

No comments:

Post a Comment