About me

My photo
Prorider Moscow (Russia) Born in Krasnoyarsk (Siberia, Russia)

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Khibiny Freeride Open Cup

night train takes away our station Apatity. Already much of the polar day approximation. 22 hours and still somehow light. Blowing cool from the window, going into winter. Arriving at 6 am, it's cold outside degrees -10 is after Ukraine, unwittingly begin to dance. But around something unimaginable. These mountains look like magic, and so is available, as if to each vertex at hand. Next stop is 25km. On this day, we managed to ride the route and assess the competition. Want to emphasize that the slopes of the international level, and rich in relief, so that the eyes diverge.


Day of training. Frost and sun wonderful day. Open your eyes and see the window as the sun slowly begins to illuminate the track. Registration took place and it turned out that involved 119 people. This will be a long day. Start at 12.30, which means that three hours later I will. Since I'm lucky man, my number was the last and I closed the day of qualification. I galloped to the drops between the stones and gained an advantage in case of cancellation of the final.


Results (scores of five judges):

Anna Orlova -104

Sveta Magich - 95

Dasha Bubnov - 93

Day of the semifinals. And where is the sun? High clouds and flat light. a little wind but the semi-finals will be. Yesterday I chose a sick line, scroll many times it occurred to me even thought that I ride her in a dream.

At this time I start in the middle has a lot of people to weed out yesterday. I was the first among snowboard girls, I had to ride with a margin better than others. So ahead - turn, jump, turn, jump, going down, another jump through the ice falls, the food down, and below the cold wind had prepared a surprise from the icy tracks yesterday's sun. Forces ran out, knock, stumble, but hold on. I did it, as would - turn in the rotation. My opponent drove very well, I was amazed how they were added after qualification. Frankly I was afraid, and there were doubts.

Results (scores of four judges):

Anna Orlova -80

Dasha Bubnov - 77

Sveta Magich- 70

In the evening it began to rain, then snow, then a real blizzard. Tomorrow Powder Day? )

Morning finals. Opened her eyes - can not see anything. Fog travel along the area and is light snow. Going to the hill, the fog slowly lifts mingling with the clouds, riders at the meeting announced that the finals will be no results on the amount of skill and semi-finals.





Awarding was held in peculiar has a friendly atmosphere, all winners received a share of kind words in his address, and prizes from powdershop and Julbo.

It took 24 days and I drove 7500 km, for myself, I received a huge invaluable competitive experience. Now you can relax, soon in the Alps and the sunny France. Action Camp is waiting for us, drove us - actioncamp.ru.


Thanks to my sponsors: Action Brothers, DAKINE, Giro, «Squat» board shop, Apo, Santa Cruz, Picture Organic Clothing, MFgang, Julbo sunglasses

No comments:

Post a Comment